Membership in the West Highland White Terrier Club of Greater Atlanta, Inc.
is open to all whom share the love and appreciation of the West Highland
White Terrier, whether they own Westies or not. Membership is not restricted
- Applicants cannot have been disciplined, suspended by or from, or refused membership by the American Kennel Club and/or the West Highland White Terrier Club of America or any other organized kennel club. If any of above apply, please provide explanation and whether reinstatement occurred.
- Applicant shall complete the WHWTCGA membership application and include the name of two endorsing members.
- If you live two hours or more outside of the Greater Atlanta area you will be contacted to discuss the membership process.
- Upon receipt of the application and membership fee, proposed Member will receive the next newsletter and be invited to any subsequent club function.
- The name of the Applicant shall be read at the following two meetings or printed in the next two newsletters depending upon the timing.
- The Applicant must be willing to abide by and enforce the club's ethics policies.
- Annual dues are presently $30.
Our Members receive:
- our bimonthly club newsletter, The Highlander, full of facts, fun, tips and endearing stories about our Westies.
- email notification of important club news in between issues of our club newsletter
- email notifications of opportunities or availability of Westie-related products, goods and services.
- educational opportunities about Westies, including grooming seminars, veterinarian lectures, health lectures, obedience and training seminars as well as AKC competition events.
- many chances to be around LOTS of Westies and fellow humans who enjoy their company!
- website information and links.
- family Memberships are welcome and encouraged.
- membership process and fee are the same for families as for individuals, simply include names of all interested family members.
Our members participate in:
- The ONLY AKC sanctioned westie breed club in the Atlanta area!
- four meetings and programs a year that are fun, educational and social.
- the club Specialty Conformation and Obedience show in April every year.
- a spring club picnic.
- a fall dinner and auction, proceeds from which benefit Westie programs and charities.
- volunteering for different activities within the club to benefit and improve our breed.
- rescuing Westies from animal shelters or untenable home situations, getting them checked by a vet and groomed, and then placed in loving, stable and permanent homes.
New Member Application